What's better than chocolate chip cookies? Not having to dirty a million dishes while making them!
Here at Nourished By Heirloom HQ, we freaking love chocolate chip cookies. If there is any snack we can thank for being with us through the good times and the bad times, it's a good batch of chocolate chip cookies.
We added a couple teaspoons of our Adapt Superfood Tonic to nourish our adrenal glands. When we get burnt out, and our body is tired and needing energy, we often crave sweet foods like candy, chocolate, cookies and cakes. Adding a little bit of adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms will make have your adrenal glands thanking you for the little bit of love and support you've offered them.
This recipe uses almond flour and coconut which is a good source of healthy fats which help reduce the glycemic impact of these chocolate chip cookies. Supporting our blood glucose levels with healthy fats and good quality proteins, along wtih taking adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms, while also giving ourselves a delicious treat is a great way to support ourselves during times of high stress.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened (similar in texture to room temperature butter)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp flax mixed with 3 tbsp warm water, then let sit for 5-10 minutes until thickened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp Adapt superfood tonic
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- large flake sea salt as garnish (optional)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg and vanilla extract. Mix using an electric mixer until well blended.
- Then add the baking soda, sea salt, Adapt superfood tonic and almond flour. Mix again until well incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
- Chill dough for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Plop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, making sure to leave a couple inches of space between each cookie. Sprinkle large flake sea salt on top of each cookie to garnish (optional).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a dry rack.
- Enjoy and feel nourished!