Browned Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are absolutely amazing. We love eating them as a post workout or bedtime snack, accompaniment with our lunch, or as a dessert.
These little flavour packed muffins are gluten free, sweetened naturally with the ripe bananas and a little bit of date or coconut sugar. Better yet, these muffins are nutritionally enhanced using the Golden Hour superfood tonic!
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 cup date or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour (we used Anitas Organic, but we also love Bobs Red Mill 1:1. If you don't require these muffins to be gluten free us AP flour instead)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 - 1/2 tsp Golden Hour Tonic
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (plus more for garnishing)
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- To make your brown butter, place the butter in a small/medium pot over medium heat. Whisk or gently swirl the pot as the butter begins to melt. The butter will begin to foam quote a bit, then it will subside. The butter will start to become brown and will have a nutty aroma. Remove from heat, and transfer to a heat safe bowl to prevent it from continuing to cook or potentially burn. Let cool in the fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bananas, eggs, cooled brown butter (it doesn't have to be fully cooled, but make sure it's not hot), milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together using a handheld electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and powder, sea salt and Golden Hour. Stir together, then add to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine dry and wet ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a comment