We absolutely love this Golden Hour latte, and we often refer to it as a "hug in a cup".
This tonic is inspired by the traditional beverage originating in India called golden milk or haldi doodh. Traditional golden milk is a combination of turmeric, ginger and cinnamon and has its roots in Ayurvedic medicine. This warm beverage is known for being high in antioxidants and its ability to reduce inflammation.
We wanted to honour the traditional ingredients used in this nourishing drink, while adding our own "Heirloom" flare on it; and that's how our Golden Hour superfood tonic was created! We added a few extra ingredients to elevate this turmeric and ginger mixture by adding lucuma (a fruit native to South America) which is a low glycemic sweetener loaded with antioxidants, and lions mane mushroom that can help reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, and may help to repair/prevent nerve damage.
This drink takes less than 5 minutes to make, and can be enjoyed at any time of day. We like enjoying it in the evening, then nestling into bed and reading a good book.
- 1 cup milk of choice (we like using coconut, soy, or grass fed cows milk)
- 1 tsp Golden Hour Superfood Tonic
- Optional add in: 1 tsp raw honey or whipped cream!
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the Golden Hour tonic and honey (if using), then whisk together until it turns a beautiful yellow colour.
- Pour into your favourite mug, garnish with whipped cream and feel all the nourishment and love this latte has to offer!