This Mediterranean hummus pasta is soooooo good. It's packed with plant based protein, veggies, and of course, lots of FLAVOUR!
You can make it in about 20-25 minutes so it's a perfect meal for busy week nights, or a quick dinner on a relaxing Friday evening (TGIF am I right?).
Total time: 25
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tbsp Mediterranean culinary seasoning
- 4 packed cups of spinach
- 1 ½ cups hummus
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Garnish: crumbled feta and chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, sun dried and fresh tomatoes, artichokes, olives, Mediterranean seasoning and spinach, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until all the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes have blistered.
- When the pasta is al dente, reserve 1 ½ cups of the pasta water and drain the noodles.
- Using the same pot you cooked the pasta in, add the hummus, reserved pasta water and the cooked vegetables. Stir together until a sauce forms, then mix in the pasta.
- Portion into bowls, garnish with crumbled feta and chopped parsley, enjoy and feel nourished!