This Vitality matcha latte is perfect to start your day off right.
We love drinking matcha to add a little "pep" in our step, on the days that we are feeling the need for some caffeine. One of the reasons why we LOVE matcha so much, is because it has the amino acid L-Theanine in it.
Matcha contains 5x the amount of L-Theanine compared to other green teas, and is is responsible for the slightly sweet notes on the taste palate. Caffeine from coffee can sometimes cause "jitters" or anxiety in certain individuals, but thanks to the L-Theanine content in this magical powdered green tea, those feelings you get after drinking coffee may be reduced or relieved if you drink matcha instead of coffee!
L-theanine stimulates the production of alpha waves in the brain. Alpha waves provide us with an ability to focus and concentrate while staying cool, calm, and alert. L-Theanine also reduces stress levels, blood pressure and PMS symptoms as well as boosting memory.
The addition of our Vitality superfood tonic to this matcha tea is a lovely and incredibly nourishing way to start your morning. Getting all the health benefits from chlorella, spirulina, wheatgrass, moringa, camu camu and matcha first thing in the morning?! Your body will be soooooooo grateful.
Recipe notes: To make this latte frothy, use a handheld frother or even transfer to a high speed blender and blend for 15 seconds.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ cups milk (we love the flavour that soy milk brings to this latte, but any kind of milk will work)
- 1 tsp matcha
- ½ tsp Vitality superfood tonic
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium high heat. Do not bring it to a boil.
- Whisk in the matcha and Vitality superfood tonic, then whisk until dissolved (if using honey, add it now). Pour into a cup, enjoy and feel nourished!