Greek Pasta Salad
Greek pasta salad is one of our absolute faves around here. It is loaded with fresh veggies that are full of vitamin C to boost the immune system, fibre to aid in a healthy digestive system, healthy fats, and is the perfect marinated salad that you can make at the beginning of the week and enjoy later on when you are busy and in need of nourishment.
- 2.5 cups uncooked rotini or fusilli pasta (we like using Kaslo sourdough pasta as it is easier to digest compared to other wheat pasta. Alternatively, you can use gluten free noodles if required.)
- 4 mini cucumbers or 1 large cucumber, medium to large dice
- ½ red onion, large dice
- 2 bell peppers, large dice
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3-4 large tomatoes, large dice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Mediterranean Seasoning
Cook pasta al dente according to directions on package, then drain and allow to cool completely.
Combine all of the vegetables in a large mixing/salad bowl.
In a small bowl, add the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and Mediterranean Seasoning and whisk together.
Add the cooled pasta to the bowl of chopped salad ingredients and then pour the dressing on top. Mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula, then enjoy!