Fresh compote takes weekend pancakes to the next level. We promise you, it’s worth it!
The addition of our Golden Hour superfood tonic provides a spicy hint of flavour dimension, as well as anti-inflammatory health benefits. And who doesn't love starting your day with fluffy pancakes?!
Recipe note: Fresh peaches break down faster and easier compared to frozen peaches. If using frozen peaches, you might need to break up the peaches with a spatula or fork, or potentially quickly blitz it in a blender.
Total time: 30 minutes
For the compote:
- 3 cups sliced peaches (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp Golden Hour superfood tonic
For the pancakes:
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free 1:1 flour (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups milk (we like cashew, oat or soy milk)
To make the compote:
- Add the peaches, water and maple syrup to a medium sized saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Give the peaches a stir every couple minutes to prevent burning.
- When the peaches start breaking down (after about 10-15 minutes) stir in the Golden Hour superfood tonic.
- Serve warm or cold over pancakes, waffles, or ice cream!
To make the pancakes:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, oat flour, flax meal and baking powder. Add the whisked eggs and milk mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Meanwhile, heat your skillet. When you are ready to make your pancakes, spray with cooking oil or melt butter to prevent sticking.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter onto the heated skillet and lightly spread the batter into a circle with the back of your ladle or mixing cup. When the edges of the pancakes start to dry and bubbles occur on the tip of the pancake, flip it over to cook the other side. Cook each side for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with peach compote!